360° VR Desktop and Room Simulator
“Part of a dream room is allowing infinite TVs and monitors, which is supported through VR Toolbox’s (formerly LightVR) functionality, allowing users to create as many web apps as they like, whether that means watching YouTube videos and playing a video game or Skyping with friends.”
““The idea of being able to do all of your work, inside your VR headset, is incredibly enticing for a lot of people.”
What is VR Toolbox?
VR Toolbox brings desktop, Internet, gaming, social media, productivity, and video streaming screens in your own personalized environment.
VR Toolbox requires hand controllers.
For a full list of features please go to the guide page.
Pricing and availability
The fully functioning app is available immediately on Steam for $13.99.
Buy for HTC Vive
Buy for Oculus Rift
Why Use VR Toolbox?
Connect the VR and the PC worlds with our user friendly
- Create massive screens to play, entertain and operate your VR Desktop with native Twitch and 360 Youtube.
- Create and personalize your VR space with built-in props and rooms, drag-and-drop functionality, and personal images to easily decorate your environment.
- Play local files or YouTube360 in 4K with one click to experience 360-degree video
- Engage Focus Mode to boost immersion and readability, easily switching between screens.
- Blended Reality offers seamless real-world observation in your VR experiences (Vive only). Additional webcam screens provide area awareness.
- Use VR Toolbox to play most of your legacy FPS
- Blended Reality (gesture activated camera pass-through) for easier typing, finding things on your desk or avoiding tripping on the cable.
- Ability to add your own 3D models and Steam workshop integration. Custom walls, wallpaper, ceiling and floors are made from web browser with pattern from any web page; including Google Image, FB or Imgur.
- Vive controller support for interacting with screens and placing props.
- Fastest VR Interface on the market. VR Toolbox has industry leading CPU utilization of less than 1% (typically, depends on the number of opened screens and content).
- VR Toolbox extends DirectX allowing games to directly render onto the HMD without unnecessary overhead or tearing.
VR Toolbox is a 360 VR desktop and Room Simulator.
There are two types of screens: monitor mirrors showing your desktop and web app screens that display Youtube, Google docs, and any financial and multimedia apps utilizing browser technology. Image sharpening algorithms help readability of text even in small fonts.
Games that are DirectX9 and DirectX11 run in accelerated mode at up to 90 frames per second. First person shooters controllable with a mouse are typically supported for conversion into an HMD 360 experience.
The virtual room simulator supports industry standard 3D formats (such as Wavefront obj) that can be found on Steam Workshop. You can make your own objects, and upload them for personal or shared usage.
Additional technical information may be found at our FAQ.
VR Toolbox allows you to experiment with a 360° virtual desktop in your customized virtual throne room.VR Toolbox on Steam