VR Toolbox is aware of all GPUs in the system, and therefore it needs NVIDIA Optimus to be turned off for it via an app profile. Otherwise, Optimus incorrectly reports that the NVIDIA GPU is driving the Windows desktop and therefore your desktop will not appear in VR.
- 1) Open the NVIDIA Control Panel, which is usually in the taskbar tray the the bottom-right of Windows.
- 2) On the left, select "Manage 3D Settings."
- 3) On the right, select the "Program Settings" tab.
- 4) In the open file dialog, navigate to [SteamLibrary]\steamapps\common\VRToolbox\bin.
- 5) Add "VRToolbox.exe" and set the "Preferred Graphics Processor" to Integrated Graphics.
- 6) Do the same for "lightVRDesktopCaptureHelper64.exe".